Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Starting Over

I'm starting a new blog. I always feel like after a while the blogs I create aren't "me" anymore. So let me do the typical first blog thing and tell you about myself.
My name is Danielle. I'm married to Jacob. Together we have a daughter named Alexia (Lexi). I have had many professions, but right now I stay at home with Lexi. After falling on some hard times last year, we had to move in with my parents. Jacob teaches Science in our hometown of Beggs, OK.
I have 2 sisters and a brother. My youngest sister, Kristin, just got married and moved out and it has been a huge change in our lives! My younger sister, Lisa, teaches Pre-K and lives in Tulsa. My brother, Glen, builds custom cabinetry.
I have 5 nieces (Zoe, Aubrie, Averie, Gracie, and Haley) and 3 nephews (Zander, Zavier, and Ceaton). Becoming an Aunt in 2002 was the most amazing thing that had happened to me up to that point. I can't wait for my sisters to give me more little nieces and nephews to spoil!
I have PCOS and it took us about 3 years to get pregnant with Lexi. She was born on May 3, 2009. She weighed 5lb 5oz and was a tiny 17 3/4 inches long. She went to the NICU for 9 days. The day I had to leave her in the hospital was the hardest day of my life. But, the day we brought her home was amazing!
Today is Lexi's 2nd birthday! I can't believe 2 years ago we were praying for her to get bigger and stronger so she could leave the NICU. Now she is an independent, intelligent 2 year old. You would never know she was in the NICU for 9 days! She makes me so proud every day.
I want to try to keep up with this blog. I want it to be something that people look forward to reading! But, mostly I want it to be really "ME." I want to be able to share it on facebook and twitter and not worry what people will think about it.
Anyways...thanks for reading! I look forward to blogging and gaining followers!

No comments:

Post a Comment