Friday, March 1, 2013

Life happens

It's been forever and a day since I've blogged.  Forever and a day, ha...remember when everyone used to say that?!

So what's been going on?

Just life.  I sit back and wonder what has happened since I have blogged last.  But it's nothing special.  Nothing extraordinary.  Just life.

Lexi has another ear infection.  This time it hit her pretty hard.  She woke up screaming in the middle of the night that her ear hurt.  We gave her ibuprofen and told her we would call the dr. in the morning.  The screaming lasted for about an hour before she fell back asleep.  Got her in, and sure enough, ear infection.  I am thankful that she is old enough now to tell us exactly what hurts!  No more trying to guess what's going on.  She got the magic pink medicine, and I thought she would be back to normal in a day or two, as usual.  But this time she complained about her ear hurting for quite a few days.  I think she's finally on the mend.  She still has a couple more days of antibiotics....what I didn't spill on the floor...geesh!

Rex is amazing.  I'm so glad he's a happy baby!  I don't know what I would do if his colic had stuck around for any longer than it did.  I think back to when Lexi was his age and we were still up at all hours of the night with her, trying to get her to sleep.  Not this one.  He usually falls asleep around 7:30, and wakes up sometime around 6:30 in the morning.  There are occassional mornings, like today, where he was still asleep when I left the house at ten 'til 7!! 
He has started eating some baby food.  He is still perfecting the ability to swallow everything that goes in his mouth.  He definitely does better if it is thicker.  But so far we have tried sweet potatoes and peaches.  He likes them both, but I think he likes the sweet potatoes better.
We learned last night that if he really wants to, he can roll back to belly, back to belly.  But, he has to really want to.  He's a lazy boy.  And spoiled....very spoiled.  You see, he spends most of his time being held.  But what can I say...he's my last baby.  He deserves to be spoiled a little, don't you think?! 

My house is suffering.  I get home at 6, shower, hold Rex, feed Rex, put Rex to bed...and then I fall into bed to watch netflix.  I'm lazy...I'll admit it.  My house is very, shall we say lived in.  I struggle to just keep things picked up and put away.  Not to mention dusting or vacuuming.  And don't even open the door to the spare room, lest I have a panic attack.  I'm ready to back a truck up to the window and toss everything out.  Oh well...I'll get to it one day.

I'm currently starting a new anti-depressant, per the headache dr.  I was taking Celexa, and had just increased my dosage in January.  I didn't put 2 and 2 together that after I did that, my migraines started getting worse.  I guess Celexa is notorious for causing headaches.  So I had to taper off of that and start something new.  It wasn't really a great time in my life to start tapering off an anti-depressant, but it's what I had to do.  I have definitely felt the effects of it, but I'm trying to power through.

My weight is out of control, and I'm trying to make small changes.  But small changes don't make anything happen fast, and of course I want it to happen right now.

So...life happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment