Wednesday, February 12, 2014

When your friends are hurting

Right now I have a handful of very very close girlfriends who are going through some major stuff. If you know me, you know that I have some major empathy.  So when I say that when my friends are hurting, I am hurting.... it's the absolute truth.  My heart has been hurting all day.  Because I don't know what to do.  Sure, I can be there to chat with them. Answer their phone calls and texts.  Give them encouraging words and virtual hugs.  And of course I'm praying for them.  But they are scattered across the country, so I can't physically be there for them.  To give them a shoulder to cry on, or a real life hug. And that too pains me.

So, I'm coming here... to my 3 readers, to ask you.... what do you do in situations like this?

Help me!!

2 comments:

  1. You're such a great friend to love them so much to help shoulder their burdens! In those situations, I just do what you're already doing...and I pray that God will guide me through scripture to know what to say.

    ReplyDelete