Tuesday, December 16, 2014

it's been a while

Wow! I can't believe it's already December! This year has flown by... especially since July when I lost my job. So let's catch up a little.
I was pretty hopeful right after I lost my job. I had some interviews lined up within weeks. But nothing came of them.
So school started for Lexi in August! Big kindergartener now. She was so scared to go to school.... until the first day when she realized that she was in fact smart enough to be there. The best part of me not having a job is that I get to drop her off and pick her up at school every day! And it's actually something that I worry about not being able to do when I look at jobs. So that means Rex stays home with me during the day. It took us a while but we finally have a pretty good routine down. Up until a couple weeks ago he would nap ok on most days, so I would nap too. But on days where he wouldn't nap I would find myself getting very frustrated. And with my history of sleep issues, it's probably best that I don't nap. ::insert super sad face here because I super love nap time:: So in the past 2 weeks I find myself much less stressed by just keeping him up all day.
I'm getting some unemployment. It is helpful, as we lost my income, and mine and the kids' insurance. And of course I'm still searching the internet for jobs. A month or so ago I went and signed up with American Stafford again, as they helped me get the job with Chart.
n the meantime though I started making some crochet things. My mom is big into craft shows, so I figured she could take some of my stuff with her and see what happens. surprisingly, my infinity scarves seemed to have caught on this year, and I have sold several of those. Plus some special order character hats. Then on top of that I started making headbands with flowers and them putting bottlecaps inside the flowers. So I have done a few of those. It has helped give me some extra Christmas money.
I was able to make a custom scarf for Jacob to give his co-worker. I hope he has his camera ready as she opens it.
In leftover stuff I should have enough stuff to give Lexi's 2 teachers a scarf for Christmas.

Besides helping mom with some custom orders, I got pretty caught up. A friend is having a baby girl, so I knew I needed to start her blanket. The stitch I chose is kind of intense, but I love it so much.
Then I have 2 more baby blankets to do. Custom colors and custom patterns for twins.

So my days are filled with getting kids fed, Lexi to school, me and rex back home, Netflix on TV and crochet until my fingers fall off. Then go get Lexi from school. Feed them a snack, clean the house before Jacob gets home. By that time I generally don't even want to look at a crochet hook.

All of this on an average of 5 hours of sleep per night. So I drink a lot of coffee in the mornings, lol.
And fighting migraines because cu lost my insurance so I can't afford to go bet Botox done again.

Right now, I say I wouldn't trade my life. I have a great life. I just wish I was providing my family with a income. And of course I long for days when I talk to my peers. People who listen to me. People who agree with me. Unlike the littlest that I spend all my time with. Here I am. 5 months later and there really isn't a day that goes by that I don't wish I had my job back. I took it as far as to beg for my job back and obviously that didn't work.
So my next steps in life will be to move forward. Step over everything I'm still tripping over from the past. And just move on.

I will try to blog more and definitely post some pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment