Thursday, November 21, 2013

Where have I been??

I don't even know where to start.  I don't remember what my last blog was about, or even when it was.
I guess life just happened.  My kids take up all my spare time.  I rarely get on my laptop, and I hate to blog from my phone. :(

So, short updates:
Rex turned 1.  We had an UNO themed party.
Pretty much all summer we battled with sick kids.  Lexi would get sick, and when she would finally get better, Rex would get sick.  Since August 29 the poor guy has had 6 back to back ear infections.  Changing antibiotics every time.  So we finally got a referral to get tubes.  Of course this mommy was scared to let him go back, even for this very minor surgery.  But our Pastor was there, he prayed with us, and stayed with us the whole time until they took us back to recovery.  I was worried about how he would wake up because I have heard horror stories.  But, when we got back there he was asleep.  The sweet nurses had turned his glowbaby on next to him.  She recommended that we let him wake up on his own because it's an easier transition.  He slept for a couple minutes, then sat straight up in the bed and started clapping.  They brought him some apple juice and he chugged that down.  After 30 minutes we were free to go.  By that afternoon you wouldn't have known he had surgery.  He is 14 months old, and wasn't walking.  Wasn't saying very many words.  Within 3 days of the surgery he was taking steps.  And now, 2 weeks later, you would think he had been walking his whole life!  And saying so many more words!!  I can't even begin to say how impressed I am with the tubes!
Lexi is in Pre-K.  She has already started the whining in the morning about not wanting to go to school.  But once she gets there, she loves it.  She has 4 pages of homework for the week, and she usually does them all on Monday evening.  Because she just loves to do the work.  My next step for her will be getting her to read some sight words.  She read colors to me out of a color by number book one day and I was amazed!!  And she remembers everything!  She notices everything.  If I get a new shirt, she will be the first one to notice.  Sometimes she wakes up in the morning while I'm getting ready for work.  She is so sweet in the mornings.  The first thing she says is "Hi Mommy!"  We kiss and hug.  And then she tells me how beautiful I look.  She loves to mess around in my makeup drawer.  And I even let her put on some light pink eyeshadow one day.  Daddy didn't like that, and told her the next day that she couldn't do it.  She was pretty sad.  She is pretty independent.  On the weekends, if she wakes up before Bubba, she gets her ipad and plays on it until the rest of the house is awakened by Rex's talking.  He generally wakes up in a great mood also!
We started going back to church pretty regularly.  We even joined the church, which meant for me to get baptized again, because I had not been baptized into a southern baptist church.  They weren't saying my first baptism didn't count, just that this was a sign of my commitment to the church. We love it there.  The kids love it there.  Lexi is so upset if we can't go for some reason.  She has learned some of the worship songs, and I love to hear her sweet little voice singing them.
I'm still working for Chart.  I love it.  And I love my position there.  Of course if the right opportunity for promotion came along, I would be willing to take it.
I got Botox injections for my migraines.  It has helped tremendously.  I also got FMLA to cover my time off for my migraines.  Yes, they were that bad.  I will go back in January for more botox.
My baby sister is having another baby, and I'm so excited about that.  They are fairly certain it's a boy.  For now we are calling him "Baby B."
My sister that is 1 year younger than me is getting married!!  We have all been waiting for that day!  Her fiance is an amazing man that treats her like a queen.  I couldn't be more happy to welcome him into our family.  They've been together long enough though, that he's pretty much already family.  He loves all of our kids, and spoils them like they are his own.  I don't want to rush them, but I can't wait for them to start a little family!
Well, I think that should about catch you up.  I still have some posts that I've been stirring around in my head.  I just have to find the time to do it.  But I will try to update more regularly....for the 2 of you that read this, lol!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that you're all doing well - and I TOTALLY understand being too busy with kids to blog regularly. I'm just starting to try to get back to doing it regularly myself. :)

    ReplyDelete