Sunday, September 7, 2014

Letters to Lexi - 9/7/14

Lexi Rosemay,

It's hard to believe I'm writing these Letters to a big 5 year old now.

You have been in kindergarten for about a month now.  For some reason you were so scared to start school.  Any time we talked about kindergarten you would cry and cry.  Finally you told me and Nanny that you were scared to go because you couldn't do math, and you couldn't do lots of hard paperwork.  I kept assuring you that you are very smart and you would not have any problems.  But you were still scared.

You started reading this summer.  Last year in Pre-K you started reading a few words.  You would see something on TV and read it.  Me and Daddy were so amazed.  But over the summer you just started reading and reading and never stopped.  I can't take any credit for it because you did it all on your own.  By the second week of kindergarten you were already talking about how you were doing math in class.

Like I told your Bubba, you both have my short patience, and my big temper.  Daddy is in for it with 3 of us in the house!

I love being able to get up with you in the mornings and take you to school, and then being able to pick you up in the afternoons.  Then we get to spend a couple hours just you, me, and Rex before Daddy gets home from work.

Your favorite food is still peanut butter, but you are doing better about trying some other things.  You love pizza and macaroni and cheese.  You STILL eat string cheese like it's going out of style.  And like Mama, you love chocolate.

You can spot a Kia Soul (like Mommy's car) on the road from a mile away.  I'm sure that makes your daddy happy.  You are a technology queen, and can operate any device.

You love kittens right now.  You love to stay all night with Nanny and play with her kittens.

Baby Blake is your favorite person.  You are so sweet with him, and he just loves you so much.

Lexi, I hope you always know how special you are.  I hope that one day you can have a daughter, so you can know how much love I have for you!!

I love you baby girl.  Don't grow up too fast... Mama isn't ready.

Love you,

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment