Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Letters to Lexi: September 2018

My Lexi Rosemay,

You are far more than I ever could have imaged just 9 short years ago.  It seems like yesterday we brought you home from the NICU.  Two new parents not having a clue in the world as to what we were in for.  We thought we knew what we were getting into.  But we had no idea. 

You are amazing.  And sweet.  And loving.  And you have my tender heart.

I very clearly remember my first day of 4th grade.  I teared up.  But I held it in.  I remember my teacher asking my mom if I was going to be ok.  She said yes.  Because, like me with you, she knew I would be ok.  While your brother didn't have a care in the world as I dropped him off in Kindergarten, you, my sweet girl, were teary-eyed.  But, like my mama, I knew you would be ok.  I knew that you didn't really need me.  You were just unsure about yourself and how the day and year would go.  You're already doing great.  Acing tests and reading library books faster than you can check them out.  You're like your daddy that way. 

I love you more than I can ever explain.  I can only say that I hope you have a daughter someday so that you can know this feeling. 

You are amazing.  Please promise me that you will never forget that.

No comments:

Post a Comment